I've reached the point in my packing where I am looking for excuses to NOT pack.... so I'm creating unnecessary projects for myself so that I can still feel busy, but not actually pack.
I had every intention of starting a blog or at least a photo site when I moved to Honduras- but we all know that didn't ever happen. I had doubts that anyone would ever read it, and didn't want to devote a lot of time to a site that was really only read by one person: me!
Let me know if you are checking this... that will give me motivation to keep it updated in a timely manner! I'll try to post more pictures than words.... I hate writing to an unknown audience- but pictures speak for themselves.
Heres a brief synopsis of my preparations as of now...
Italian chapters studied: 26
Actual phrases capable of being used: about 5
Hours spent watching olympic gymnastics: countless
Most useful going away present: travel yoga mat! thanks Em!
Months I am overdue for renewing my teaching license: 4
Dollars spent on curriculum in one trip to the music store: $300
Item I would star in a commercial for: Vaccuum suck bags- they decreased the size of my sweaters by at least a half!
Well thats all for now. There is mowing to be done and actual packing that needs to happen so I can be done with it and enjoy a few days of just hanging out.
I'll try to post pictures within a few days or so of arriving-- "weather permitting."
Hope everyone's summer has come to a fabulous and beautiful end. Its GORGEOUS in Iowa right now-- not a sign of nasty August humidity. It makes me a little excited for my first fall in several years.
okay- bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
bella! of course i will read (and comment on) your blog! i can't wait! and if you download "sitemeter" you can track how many people read your blog and from where. so i know tons of people read my blog even though most of them never comment on it or e-mail me (haha) but i'm over it... i'm getting good writing practice (for my eventual book) and it will be really fun for me to read later on. because i try to journal as well, but i end up blogging more often.
best of luck with your departure and know that i'm thinking of you!
love from taiwan!
ps--for those of us who know zero italian phrases, what does "il paesaggio" mean?
I will read this blog all the time. I hope you post to it and fill it with interesting stories and pictures. I never did hear the deal with your Yoga exercise video. What was up with that?
Janeen
Post a Comment