Friday, September 19, 2008

Luzern revisited











It has been 8 years since I wandered the streets of Luzern on the City High orchestra trip! I was absolutely extatic to return as a chaperone for one of our middle school day trips. We were soaked after a day of wandering around in the rain, but a chai from Starbucks afterwards almost made up for it!


Being back in such a wonderfully "Swiss" town really helped this experience sink in. The cutesy architecture, the German, the drizzly fall weather, the waterfalls cascading down the mountains, the concert hall that inspired me to be a music major, etc. It was a gorgeous trip!
I wanted to post this as a tribute to my wonderful high school travel mates-- I certainly missed them being there.... playing in shopping carts, listening to German techno, acting like rediculously fun-loving girls before we had to go our separate ways....


Cheers to Luzern!

2 comments:

Geraldo Maia said...

Hello Sarah,
It is a great pleasure to be visiting your nice and interesting blog. I liked of it!
Receive my best wishes from Brazil:
Geraldo

elly said...

so cute--even on a rainy day! hmm... can't say the same of my current home, haha!

i hope to someday have the chance to revisit places i've traveled to in years past... i think you can appreciate things more the second time around!